A bit of a different post today, but since I’m in the process of restoring my relationship with food I thought I’d share a delicious recipe I made the other week. Originally from Celebrating Sweets.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 c white chocolate chips
FROSTING (or buy a container of your favourite store-bought kind!)
6 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c white chocolate, melted
1/2 c dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line 8×11 pan with butter/parchment.
3. Whisk melted butter & brown sugar together. Add in the egg & vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, & salt. Add these to the butter moisture and stir until combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips & cranberries.
6. Spread batter evenly into the pan and bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden brown & puffed. (Toothpick will come out clean but inside will still be soft.)
7. Beat cream cheese & butter until smooth.
8. Slowly add powdered sugar & salt.
9. Stir in melted melted chocolate.
10. Spread over top of cooled bars & sprinkle with cranberries.