Coming at you with yet another seasonal recipe, inspired by this indulgent prompt!
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes/peppermint candies
- 8 oz (1 package) cream cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (or 1 box of Oreo crumb)
- 8 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Set aside 1 Tbsp or crushed candies. Mix the candy, crushed Oreos and cream cheese together until well combined.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate (on the stove, stirring constantly or in the microwave in 30 second intervals).
- Dip balls into melted chocolate (helpful to use two forks to handle them and ensure they are nice and coated)
- Place the truffles on a tray lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with remaining candy.
- Keep in fridge for 1 hour until hardened before serving.
- Store in the fridge.