As you may have seen on my instagram, I’m full-swing into holiday baking. Maybe I want to indulge, maybe its a weird way my food anxieties manifest, maybe I’m trying to keep busy. For whatever reason, I’m having fun doing it and that’s what matters I guess!
I like sharing baked goods because its inexpensive, delicious, and allows me to show that I care without breaking the (empty) bank. Plus I love how the delicious smells fill the house!
Here’s a delicious fudge-y peppermint brownie recipe, courtesy of Joyful Healthy Eats!
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave (using 30 second intervals and stirring frequently otherwise it will burn)
- Pour into a large bowl and allow the chocolate to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Whisk in sugar.
- Add vanilla, cocoa, flour, cinnamon, salt, and half of the candy cane crumbs.
- Add the brownie mix to the baking tray and bake for 35 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)
- Sprinkle the remaining candy cane on top.
- Cool, slice and enjoy!