I’ve found myself baking a lot recently. To procrastinate, to keep busy, for enjoyment, and because its fun to share with others. I’ve made these snickerdoodles already 3 or 4 times in the past couple months because the recipe is so easy, inexpensive, and delicious! Just thought I’d share because there are few things better than smelling up your kitchen with the seasonal scents of fresh baking.
Thanks Betty Crocker for the recipe.
- 1 package white cake mix ($2)
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine, melted ($0.25-0.50)
- 1 egg ($0.08)
- 2 tablespoons sugar ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ($0.06)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake mix, egg, and butter in a large bowl until dough forms. (There will likely still be some crumbly/dry batter left).
- Mix cinnamon and sugar separately in a small bowl.
- Shape dough into 1-inch round balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated.
- Place about 2-inches apart on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden/brown and set.
- Cool and enjoy!